Monday, March 1, 2010

Meet Coco

2010 has been the strangest year so far. Tiger Woods had an affair? Correction: multiple affairs. Crazy! Fast food restaurants serving beer on tap? Crazier. And now, I've just purchased a food processor. Craziest!

All right, so it's not exactly Jay-kicking-Conan-out-of-The-Tonight-Show-slot crazy, but it's a little odd to me. A few years ago, I would rarely find myself in the kitchen and now I'm proactively purchasing appliances to help fuel my passion for cooking.

As an added bonus to my recent purchase, I discovered an amazing recipe for spicy shrimp, celery and cashew stir-fry in the recipe booklet that accompanied my new accessory. It's so simple to make, as evidenced by the pictures below:

Garlic Cloves and Red Pepper Flakes

Freshly Peeled Ginger

Ginger, Garlic and Red Pepper Flakes Swirling About

Cucumber Sliced to Perfection

Pre-cooking the Celery and Cashews

Diced Scallions
Peeled and Cleaned Shrimp, Ready to Go!

Frying Shrimp with Scallion Whites

Shrimp Frying with Chopped Ginger, Garlic and Red Pepper Flakes

Celery, Shrimp and Cashews - Together at Last

Delicious!
For the record, I was always on team Coco. In fact, I might just name my food processor after him.

3 comments:

  1. Very excited that you purchased a food processor! It is my most-used kitchen appliance. Great for cooking AND baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracked up immediately when I saw "Meet Coco."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was watching Rachel Ray make a similar dish and she commented that leftover fresh ginger should be stored in the freezer, as it will keep indefinitely! Your cashew shrimp looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete