Saturday, December 26, 2009

Gift Ideas for Cooks

Some people fans of re-gifting; I'm not one of those people. The thought of giving away a gift that was meticulously selected for me with good intentions makes me feel bad. That's why I am probably even more delighted than the average gift-receiver when I open a gift I truly love. It's a two-fold pleasure really because I a) walk away with a gift I can't wait to (insert gleeful verb here) and b) don't have to feel that pang of guilt in my stomach for potential thoughts of donating, re-gifting or, worst or all, hoarding.



This year at Christmas, I was given a beautiful set of handmade, pewter measuring spoons with a wooden display strip from The Tin Woodsman Pewter Company. Not only do I love that the open space above my sink is now occupied by them, but I'm thrilled that these spoons are as functional as they are aesthetically pleasing. Oh yeah, and I also love that I no longer have to furiously dig through a drawer in my kitchen the next time I need accurate measurements. To give a gift you can be sure a (self-proclaimed or professional) cook will love, check out Corky Pollan's Gifts for Cooks.

1 comment:

  1. Love your new spoons! They're so decorative and pretty!

    ReplyDelete