Friday, December 25, 2009

Who Made Turkey Boss?


While I value tradition and the familiarity of certain foods as fixtures in holiday celebrations, a part of me also secretly dreads the monotony of a turkey entree and guiltfully hopes for something a little different on my plate come the holiday season. When my boyfriend and I decided to stay in LA for Christmas, albeit our many Midwestern family members, I decided to change up the usual Christmas holiday menu and replace turkey with Cornish game hens. Keeping the cook-an-entire-bird concept helped me justify my selection's holiday-worthiness, while the cranberry sauce basting added an extra element of flavor. With just the two of us celebrating together, serving individual game hens provided us with the perfect amount of food - as well as a new dinner option we can build into a future tradition, or just keep on hand for a special night in.

1 comment: